Open Government and Freedom of Information Law exists to protect citizens’ rights, and the Mayor and Council majority must stop flouting these laws.
The City’s website and email list must offer residents up-to-date, accurate information of interest.
Its communication systems should be updated and improved, and should never be used for the personal or political interests of any elected official.
- June 21, 2017 Assemblyman Otis factual history of Thruway parcel in response to inaccurate City e-mail blast by Mayor
- June 21, 2017 Councilwomen Hurd and Tagger-Epstein on Mayor’s misuse of City’s email
- June 30, 2017 NY State rules Mayor violated Freedom of Information Law
- July 12, 2017 Some Council Members excluded from meetings Item 8, 9:07
- July 12, 2017 Councilwoman Hurd: Mayor used City’s email as personal blog Item 5, 5:50
- July 12, 2017 Resident calls Mayor out on attempt to thwart public comment Item 8, part 2